KELSO PUBLIC SCHOOLS FOUNDATION
GRANT APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS & GUIDELINES
Who May Apply?
- All STAFF affiliated with schools in the Kelso Public Schools
Where do I get a Grant Application?
- Click the button...………………………...…..
When to submit?
- Deadline: 4:00 PM - May 13th - Late applications will not receive consideration
- Please E-Mail a completed Application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Remember to save a copy for your records
Who to contact?
- Rick Davis (360) 501-1835 email@example.com
What is the expenditure?
- All awarded grant funds need to be used by June, 2023, or they will be forfeited
When are grant winners notified?
- Grant winners will be notified by November 25th, 2021
How are grants judged?
- A Foundation Board committee will judge the applications
- Creativity, innovation and the projects ability to meet one or more of the grant criteria
- Grants should be clear, concise and free of educational jargon
Impacts a significant number of students or more than one school
Demonstrates integration of curriculum
Promotes racial and/or cultural understanding
Applies learning to the real world (life skills)
Involves use of technology
Strengthens the relationship between school and community
Addresses an “at-risk” population
Addresses school climate issues
* Projects must be beyond the financial capabilities of the district, building and/or program
* Resource materials must demonstrate strong ties to the project
* Outside resource personnel must be identified by name with a resume’ recommended
* Evaluation report is required after completion of the project.....
High Funding Priorities
Active student involvement
Resource materials are reusable
High ratio of number of students per dollars invested
Project would not happen without Foundation funding
Brings innovation to the classroom
Lower Funding Priorities
Passive student involvement (merely as part of an audience)
Books and software without a strong tie to the project
Technology equipment that qualifies for district technology funding
Transportation fees without strong tie to the project
Restrictions (grants will not be approved for):
Capital improvement costs
Funding or extending a staff position